Monday, July 14, 2014

Video… Not So Much

I rode around for most of our trip looking like a dork with a Go Pro camera mounted on my helmet. An iPhone app allows me to control the camera. It's pretty cool, really. Except for the dork part.

EXCUSES
So we get pretty good video with the helmet mount. However… a video editor I am NOT. So here are a couple of excuses / disclaimers:
  • I have no clue what I am doing when it comes to editing video.
  • I did this one really fast, as I am back in the real world of work.
  • I figured out how to straighten the first part of the video, only to find out the video that looked fine in the editing software was crooked when I uploaded to YouTube.  So forget that. I had to un-straighten it. It's only crooked for a little while.
  • I have to use stock music. YouTube disables my videos if I use anything copyrighted. So I know the music is stinky. I'm open to ideas when it comes to music.

SUGGESTION
Enough of the excuses. Here's a suggestion: Click on the little gear at the lower right of the video and select 1080 HD video. It looks much better this way.

CONTEXT
I have HOURS of video to sort through, and will create and upload as I have time. Might be a while before I get to do another. As for this one…

  • After a hard four-day push for me (three days for the other guys) to Oakland, California. we slept in due to the length of the ride the day before.
  • Getting a late start, we headed across the Bay Bridge to the Golden Gate Bridge. We had to get off of the freeway and go through part of the city of San Francisco to get to the Golden Gate Bridge. This little ride through the city landed us right in the middle of roadblocks for a LBGTQ parade. We lost an hour or more - in heat - finding our way to the bridge.
  • The video documents our ride across the Golden Gate Bridge and a fun ride on a road called Panoramic Highway which offered a lot of twists and turns, elevation changes, and an exhilarating first view of the Pacific Coast.
  • The remainder of the video gives you an idea of the changing landscape of Highway 1, The Pacific Coast Highway.
  • This first day on the PCH ended at Point Arena Lighthouse. We rode like crazy people to get to the lighthouse just in time for sunset, and then rode off in the cold in search of a hotel.

Here's the link to the video on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Rq_Zyf6Z8

Or you can just watch it here:
(It's bigger and better on YouTube)


No comments:

Post a Comment