Saturday, July 7, 2018

Canadian Rockies '18: Days 19 and 20

START LOCATION: St. Louis, MO
END LOCATION: Nashville, TN
MILES TRAVELED: 319.2
TOTAL MILES TO DATE: 8975.5
WEATHE: Sunny, 5 minutes of rain

Trent and the girls left us in Billings. Randall stayed behind with a broken motor in Columbia, Missouri. Junior was staying in St. Louis with family. That left three of us leaving from the Hampton Inn in St. Louis - Matt and Steve headed from home in New Orleans, while I headed to to Nashville to see my daughter Jaimee, son-in-law Travis, and granddaughter Ruth.

My solo ride to Nashville was relatively short... just 319 miles. Physically spent, however, and absent the conversation with the other guys, I struggled to stay alert. I struggled to stay awake. I stopped several times to hydrate and walk around a bit, and finally made it safely to Nashville.

I had a wedding to attend in East Tennessee later in the evening. The following day (Day 20), I rode nowhere, dedicating this day to spending July 4th with family. Exhausted, I took four naps. In the evening, I enjoyed celebrating the Fourth with Phil and Sherri Wines and more of Travis' family. But the best part of this respite in Nashville was spending time with my granddaughter.

Cool motorcycle guy who rides a nice bike on epic adventures? Not really. I'm a family guy whose priorities are centered around three things: being a faithful follower of Jesus, being a family guy, and being a good friend. I write these words often... "more on that later." Really - I'll write more on that later. For now... here are just a few pics from Nashville:


Daughter Jaimee and first granddaughter Ruth
Dudley - the newest member of our Nashville family.
He's an Aussiedoodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment