Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Canadian Rockies '18: Day 11

START LOCATION: Nelson, BC
END LOCATION: Banff, AB
MILES TRAVELED: 318.7
TOTAL MILES TO DATE: 5535
WEATHER SUMMARY: Overcast to perfect

Had a good breakfast. Left late on purpose to let some nasty weather clear. Enjoyed a pretty cool ferry ride - and then enjoyed some great roads on the way to Banff.

Getting here was the plan. Seeing the beauty of God's creative work in this neck of the woods should be a highlight. We got to connect with our friends Ben and Tami tonight. Best of all - seeing my girl tomorrow evening... I can't wait.

I have pics. I have video. But I just can't work on those tonight. I had two periods of extreme fatigue today, struggling to stay awake. This is a function of the pace we're keeping - and I must rest again and more than I have in recent days.

I'll share this, then sign off: As the Canadian Rockies came into view today, I said to the other guys, "Boys, this is what we came for." After a brief pause, I continued, "You know, it takes a special case of crazy to do this."

Crazy indeed.

Here's where the road less traveled has taken us so far:


No comments:

Post a Comment