Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Canadian Rockies '18: It's Finally Time


















We've planned for a year. I've been packing for several weeks due to guests in town and a work-related travel assignment that runs right up to departure time. I'm in the air now, on the way home. One rehearsal, one night of sleep - and I'm off.

This first day, when I ride from central Florida to south Louisiana, is called Day 0. The real fun begins on Day 1 when we're all together, headed north, to begin the adventure.

I'll do my best to post each day. Sometimes, it's just too late and we're just too tired to write and upload photos. If I miss a day, I'll catch up as soon as possible.

Each post should begin with an overview of the day that looks like this:

STARTING LOCATION: Winter Garden, FL
ENDING LOCATION: Port Allen, LA
MILES TRAVELED: 690
TOTAL MILES TO DATE: 690
WEATHER SUMMARY: Warm, but sunny and clear all the way (that's optimism!)

I'll write about highlights of the day, challenges, and whatever else happens as much as time allows. If I remember to start my Rever app at the beginning of the day, I'll post a screen shot of that. And if I have time, I'll post the cumulative ride track recorded by the SPOT Tracker.

By the way, if you want to follow along, you can use this link to see where we are:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0iQ0izc4DUJfIATFi8KZvt5JiTmAIcb7q

It's finally time - and I'm primed and ready to ride.

Lord, thank you for the privilege of embarking on such an adventure. Grant us safety as we ride. Deepen relationships that mean so much to each of us. We ask that the machines run well, that drivers around us are alert, and that we experience favorable weather. Protect our families while we are away.

We thank you for this blessing in Jesus' name... Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks for keeping us updated on your 'Get your motor running, get out on the highway . . .' adventure!!!! Have fun my brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are coming through Montana, right by Manhattan. Stop in a take a break on the porch with us before continuing on!
    William Johnson

    ReplyDelete